The Institute organized one training funded by NABARD in this Financial Year. One Training on “Post-Harvest Management, Preservation and marketing on Foods & Vegetables” was conducted by the Institute especially for the CEOs and top officials of the Farmer Producers Organizations affiliated by NABARD. The trainees were nominated by NABARD from 6 districts of the State.
Duration of the training was for 14 days.
During the training, the participants were focused on
- Scientific production of Fruits and Vegetables
- Marketing of Fruits & Vegetables and Supply chain management
- Scientific preservation of Fruits and Vegetables
- Forward - backward linkages
- How to prepare bankable projects
- Documentation, Accounts keeping and auditing.
- Various departmental schemes of Agricultural Marketing Department related to for fruit and vegetable marketing and preservation sectors.
- FSSAI licensing etc.
They also visited
- Indian Institute of Packaging, Salt Lake – for having a glimpse of knowledge no low cost packaging.
- Training and Canning Center, Chinsura, Hooghly – for practical hands on training on production of processed food items.
- Front end material management at different stalls and counters of Sufal Bangla PMU.
- Krishak Bazar
- Pack House – to have an idea on the processes to be followed for supplying perishables to European Union countries.
Total 25 trainees successfully completed the training program in this Financial Year.